The Oxford Film Festival was created in 2003 to bring exciting, new, and unusual films (and the people who create them) to North Mississippi.
Learn more about us and how we are taking part in the Mississippi Day of Giving here!
Our annual four-day film festival continues to attract quality films and highlight the talents of young filmmakers from all over the world to North Mississippi to screen alongside the work of local filmmakers and has been praised for its hospitality. In 2008, the Oxford Film Festival became an independent non-profit organization with 501c3 status committed to celebrating the art of independent cinema.
The festival screens short and feature-length films in both showcase and competition settings, hosts panel discussions on issues in contemporary filmmaking, and invites the filmmakers to interact with the audience at a number of social events. Film categories include:
- Animated short
- Documentary feature and short
- Experimental short
- Mississippi narrative and documentary
- Mississippi Music Video
- Narrative feature and short
The Oxford Film Festival entertains and educates its participants, providing residents and visitors with the opportunity to watch independent films, as well as to meet the filmmakers and learn from industry professionals. The variety of films, in addition to the panels, attracts filmgoers of all ages and backgrounds.
- CLICK HERE to Contact Us
- CLICK HERE to submit your film.
- CLICK HERE to get involved with the Community Film.
- CLICK HERE to see the 2015 SPONSORS.
- CLICK HERE to donate to the festival online
- CLICK HERE to donate to the Oxford Film Festival Endowment Fund
- CLICK HERE to request a media pass to the festival.