Short Screenplay Competition
· The Short Screenplay Winner of the 2019 Competition will receive $1,000 to make the film, OxFilm Society equipment rental for free for use to make film if filmed in Lafayette County and production support from OxFilm Society. The winner will also be provided a hotel and flight (if not local) to attend the Oxford Film Festival to hear the live table read of their script. Producer mentor John Norris will also meet with the scriptwriter at the festival to discuss getting the film made.
· Each applicant will receive an e-mail notifying them of the writing competition results.
· Each entry will receive one analysis with feedback from 3 reviewers and the coordinator.
Competition Results Announcement Schedule
· Finalists will be announced December 1, 2018.
· The Shorts Screenplay Winner will be announced January 15, 2019.
- The winner will be mentored by John Norris at the festival.
· Submitted scripts must be original screenplays, and the sole property of the applicant(s).
· All submitted scripts must be the property of the screenwriter.
· The OxFilm prizes are only eligible to those who choose to film the movie in Lafayette County. The other prizes are open to anyone who wins.
· All ages are eligible.
· All entries must be in English.
· Short screenplays must be between 1 and 20 pages in length. Absolutely no exceptions.
· There is no limit to the number of screenplays you may submit.
· All entries must be uploaded in PDF format.
· Under absolutely no circumstances will substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entry screenplay(s) be made. Screenplays will not be returned.
· If a submitted screenplay becomes optioned, produced or purchased between the time of submission and the end of the judging period, that screenplay will no longer be eligible.
· Competition judges, readers and employees of the Oxford Film Festival Screenplay Competition, past and present, and their immediate friends and families, are not eligible to enter.
· Screenplays, including outlines, treatments, pitches, log lines or any developmental material related to screenplay, that have previously won any contest, competition, grant, lab, fellowship, mentorship, reading or award of any kind, are not eligible.
· Screenplays submitted under a pen name will be immediately disqualified.
· Screenplay titles cannot be changed upon resubmission under any circumstances.
· Screenplays uploaded or posted online to the public are not eligible.